Director of Sales and Business Development
What You’ll Do
SnapEngage is searching for a Director of Sales and Business Development to lead and scale our North American and international sales efforts based out of our Boulder, CO office. This person will oversee all sales execution and strategies to strengthen our market position and achieve ambitious growth goals. You will work hands on with key clients and partners, while also providing strategic leadership as a member of our senior leadership team.
- Drive the development and execution of an overarching sales and business development strategy based on company vision and goals.
- Drive the growth of the company’s enterprise and partner business internationally, working closely with the CEO to identify new opportunities and bring deals to close.
- Be a hands-on contributor to cultivating new business, leveraging your network as well as marketing.
- Work closely with Client Success and Marketing teams to expand business from our current client base.
- Manage and oversee performance, development, and hiring of the US and European sales teams.
- Implement and coach the team on values-based B2B SaaS selling techniques.
- Leverage strong training and talent development best practices to grow our team from within.
- Establish and maintain effective sales compensation and incentive programs.
- Oversee and set sales team metrics to help monitor the health and success of the sales team.
- Work with sales operations to report data to leadership on a weekly basis.
- Develop sales operating processes to include; playbooks, negotiation strategies, contracts, and legal terms for customers and partners.
- Provide feedback, observations from the market, and environment changes across relevant teams.
- Work with marketing to coordinate the release of campaigns, including educational content for clients and internal team members.
- Be the face of the company when working with C-level prospects and enterprise deals.
- Mentor and coach the sales team with complex pricing and contract negotiations.
- Travel about 30% of the time to prospect sites to deliver effective sales presentations or maintain client relationship health, where needed.
- Be a force for good and positively contribute to the culture.
- A completed Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years in a senior sales management position.
- Proven success in a B2B, SaaS sales leadership role, managing aspects of sales and business development.
- Experience in developing effective sales KPIs and utilizing Hubspot and Sales Force Automation platform (Salesforce.com)
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and to create a team-first, results-driven environment.
- Proven success in implementing values-based selling techniques.
- Experience building and executing successful sales training and development programs.
- Creative and positive thinker with a demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and inspire teams.
- The ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- You identify as a natural networker and understand the power of strong relationships, leveraging that in life and in work.
Why Work Here
- Market Competitive Salary.
- Dental and vision coverage and 100% covered healthcare options.
- 15 days of paid vacation, increasing year over year, and unlimited sick time.
- Two, optional work-from-home days for the entire team: Wednesdays and Fridays.
- International travel opportunities, including a yearly, team retreat.
- Free, unlimited rides on RTD transit services through EcoPass.
- Company-sponsored educational and growth opportunities that renew every year.
- Paid parental leave options for parents of all types.
- 401k and company match.
- Open book management and a leadership team that cares.
- Wellness, rewards, and give-back programs.
Who We Are
SnapEngage is the premier, live chat solution for the web. We help our clients transform their customer engagement and drive measurable business outcomes. Born of the Techstars program in Boulder, CO, SnapEngage is self-funded, profitable, and deeply committed to providing a unique, exceptional employee and client experience, alike. With offices in Boulder, Colorado and Berlin, Germany, we pride ourselves in being a diverse, transparent, and balanced workplace.
SnapEngage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.