As the Engineering Manager, you will drive and execute company vision and success by inspiring our team of talented engineers to do their best work. Your goal is to build world-class software development organization through effective management of process and people. You will help our engineers discover and grow into their full potential.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and motivate team of 15+ individual contributors in both Berlin, Germany and Boulder, Colorado to deliver high-quality releases on schedule.
- Work on high scale global projects, handling thousands of queries per second.
- Be an advocate for best practices with performance, reliability, scalability, security, and reusability.
- Formulate and measure long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department and individual engineers.
- Work with the People team to hire and develop engineering talent through effective coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies.
- Drive continuous process improvement and innovation, identifying ways to reduce friction and increase the velocity of the teams.
- Adopt advancements in technology and software development best practices as needed.
- Ensure our team operates using the latest security advances to ensure customer data security and compliance (PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR).
- Prioritize well and communicate clearly with status updates to the wider team and senior company leaders.
- Interact with customers when necessary to represent the Engineering organization to support the Sales and Client Success organizations.
Check out our stack on stackshare: https://stackshare.io/snapengage/snapengage
- Authorization to work in Berlin, Germany.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in software product engineering, either as a software engineer or in an engineering management role.
- At least two years of proven success managing, developing, and retaining an engineering team.
- Experience with and a commitment to Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with UX/UI team members as a part of the development process.
- Superior interpersonal skills and appreciation for honest feedback and collaborative decision making.
- Deep understanding of a wide variety of programming languages, technology stacks, and architectural patterns.
- The ability to travel to our Boulder, Colorado office 2-3 times per year.
Why Work Here
- Two, optional work-from-home days for the entire team: Mondays and Fridays.
- Paid time off, with an increasing balance with years spent at SnapEngage.
- One month paid sabbatical after five years with the company.
- A yearly, professional development budget.
- Flexibility for remote work when, for example, visiting family internationally.
- A yearly, international team retreat.
- BVG participation and partial refund of your monthly ticket.
- If needed, a relocation package to help you move and get settled.
- Weekly, in-office German class.
- Open book management and a leadership team that cares.
Who We Are
SnapEngage is the premier, live chat solution for the web. We help our clients transform their customer engagement and drive measurable business outcomes. Born of the TechStars program in Boulder, CO, SnapEngage is self-funded, profitable, and deeply committed to providing a unique, exceptional employee and client experience, alike. With offices in Boulder, Colorado and Berlin, Germany, we pride ourselves in being a diverse, transparent, and balanced workplace.
SnapEngage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.